Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Wild ONE!!!

I know many people say there is NOTHING in this world like being a grandparent! Although I don't know what this is like, I have a feeling being an aunt is a similar enjoyment!! You get to play and have soooooo much fun, and then give them back... there is no obligation to making sure you follow any rules!!! I am so blessed to have 3 precious nieces and a nephew who is cuter than a button! They are all so much fun!!!

My sister (and best friend) had her 1st baby girl in July of 2008. I had just found out I was pregnant when my beautiful niece Brooklyn was born. Maybe it was because I was pregnant, but her birth was so real and emotional to me. I think the reality of the whole process really started to sink in! Brooklyn has been such a joy to watch grow up this past year! I continually take note of how she is growing and developing so I know what to expect of Miss Lexi. I will say... she definitely sets the bar pretty high! ;) She has the sweetest, wildest personality... oh, I just LOVE her! One minute she will rub her little cheek on your hand and say "oooohhhhh", and then the next minute she will be dancing like a wild woman to her music. I love her carefree, fun personality... its refreshing... I wish I had more of that in myself. She is so darn smart too! Sometimes almost too smart for her own good! Her vocabulary is outstanding. She is like a little sponge, continually soaking up every bit of knowledge she can. I know she and Alexa will be the very best of friends as they grow up! I pray for their relationship daily!

Well, in July, Brooklyn celebrated her 1st birthday. Being the crazy kid she is, her momma saw fit that she had a "WILD ONE" birthday! (this also had a bit to do with my sister's LOVE for leopard print)! Everything was decorated with leopard, hot pink, lime green and turquoise. It was stinkin' precious!!! Everything was absolutely perfect! I had the privilege of creating her invitation. I think it turned out exactly as my sister had envisioned it.

In a few days, Brookie will be celebrating her 14 month b-day... So, Happy 14 Month Birthday Brooklyn!! You are a beautiful baby girl, inside and out! I am so proud to be your auntie!!!! I love you!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment